Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ronald Reagan, guest blogger

I Am a Conservative.

There, I Said It!

By Ronald Reagan

Not too long ago, two friends of mine were talking to a Cuban refugee, a businessman who had escaped from Castro, and in the midst of his story one of my friends turned to the other and said, "We don't know how lucky we are." And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are? I had someplace to escape to." And in that sentence he told us the entire story. If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves. ...

Well, I mean, if the HUFFINGTON POST can do a fake blog by George Clooney ....
Actor George Clooney is standing by scathing comments aimed at Democrats made in a blog on Arianna Huffington's Huffington Post blog site this week, except that he noted that there's one problem: He wasn't the actual person who wrote it. ...
In the purported blog entry entitled "I Am a Liberal. There I Said It!" posted Monday ... Clooney purportedly tossed an F-bomb at Democrats who "caved in" during the run up to the Iraq war. ...
Huffington explained, "We put together a sample blog from answers he had given on Larry King Live and an interview with the Guardian in London, and sent it to him to rework in any way he wanted."
Huffington blames the blunder on a publicist ... who said they would get the sample blog to Clooney. Huffington said that three days later, the publicist e-mailed her back, "approving, without any changes, what we had sent." ...
RIGHT: "Have your people e-mail my people."

I wonder if Lynn and I could hire a publicist to get other people to blog for us? I'm pretty sure that's how Glenn Reynolds and Hugh Hewitt do it, right?

Meanwhile, according to Technorati, more than 200 blogs had linked to Clooney's popular left-wing rant.

Kind of like the New York Times and those West Virginia tobacco fields, I suppose.

-- McCAIN

DONKEY CONS: About the book ...
DONKEY CONS: Buy it now!