Stupid donkey tricks
Never give the suckers an even break, says Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Kool-Aid) as he flim-flams the moonbats into thinking an NSA anti-terrorism program is "domestic surveillance" that violates Americans' rights, and then convinces them that grown-ups might take this propaganda seriously:
Senate Democrats refused to allow a vote yesterday on a proposal by one of their own to censure President Bush for his warrantless terrorist-surveillance program.
Sen. Russell D. Feingold accused Mr. Bush yesterday of breaking the law and lying to Congress for ordering eavesdropping within the United States without warrants. The Wisconsin Democrat introduced in the Senate an official resolution to censure Mr. Bush, which by nightfall had been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee for consideration. ...
Majority Leader Bill Frist dismissed the proposal as "political gamesmanship" and said that if the Senate was going to consider such a serious sanction, he wanted an immediate vote on the matter, which the Democrats would not permit. ...
Democrats quickly rejected voting on the censure resolution. ...
No Democrats yesterday publicly supported Mr. Feingold's resolution. ... At a press conference, Minority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada declined to endorse the resolution and said he hadn't read it.
You'd think the moonbats -- who congratulate themselves on their superior intelligence as they derogate Bush (a Harvard MBA) as a "smirking chimp" -- would start wondering after a while why Democrats think they're stupid enough to keep falling for their lame stunts. But the moonbats fall for this stuff every time. (Hat tip: Malkin)
I'm genuinely amazed at how the moonbats never figure out they're being hosed by clowns like Feingold:
- Remember how Al Franken rounded up the media and convinced them that John "Christmas in Cambodia" Kerry's war-hero credentials were the ticket to victory in 2004? Remember how that blew up in Democrats' faces?
- Remember how George Soros was going to buy the Democrats back into the majority?
- Remember how MoveOn.org was supposed to be the magic key to Democratic victory?
But facts, logic and ordinary common-sense political strategy are wasted on the moonbats. In a year when Democrat might have their best chance since 1994 of re-capturing Congress, Flim-Flam Feingold and the Kool-Aid Kos crowd seem determined to blunder their way to another defeat. Karl Rove must be laughing himself silly.
VINCENT'S TWO CENTS:
The uproar over the tergiversating turncoat Russ Feingold (D-France) is as fully justified as his behavior is standard among Democrats. As Bill Clinton had his "bimbo eruptions," the party's left-wing has its apparent "treason eruptions." Let us not forget that Feingold hails from the party of…
- Rep. Jim McDermott (D-Baghdad), who, at the height of pre-war tensions, traveled to Iraq and publicly proclaimed the mass murderer Saddam trustworthy (!) and George W. Bush, who had just masterfully guided Americans through a devastating attack on their homeland, a liar.
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Grenada), who in the 1980's collaborated with the Marxist dictator Maurice Bishop to undermine the Reagan administration's national security policy during the Cold War.
- Sen. John "I can't decide whether I want to be a war hero or a war criminal, but I know I want to president" Kerry (D-Cambodia…well, sort of…almost), who today is honored in a Communist museum in Vietnam for having aided the North Vietnamese by testifying (falsely, it turned out) against his own brothers in arms.
In Donkey Cons: Sex, Crime, and Corruption in the Democratic Party, we spend an entire chapter discussing left-wing Democrats' standard policy of undermining American security. We could've spent an entire book.